пятница, 24 марта 2017 г.

Устная тема "Family matters"

A family is an essential part of our society and I think everyone wants to have a happy family.  I think that having a good famiy is very important in our life because it is like a friendly port for us when the waves of life become too wild. We need a family for comfort and protection. For example, when I have some problems, my family always take my word against anybody else's. And I'm sure I can always rely on their help. Besides, I think that it's lovely to have the family round you and to know they are interested in you. You will never feel lonely.
There are four of us in my family: my parents, my brother and me.
My father is a managing director. He is very clever and I respect him very much. Unfortunately, he is always very busy and has little time to spend with his family. My mother is a very friendly and likeable person but sometimes she can be quite critical of people. My brother is a student. We don't have any secrets from each other and we get on very well. We are both fond of sports and often spend our free time playing sports games. My grandparents are retired and live in their country house. They are fond of gardening and I often visit them and help my Granny about the garden so I've got nice relationship with my grandparents.
I believe that children should be given as much responsibility about the house as possible. I don't think that parents should do everything for them especially if they can do certain things by themselves. It's very good for a child to learn to be able to take care of himself and his possessions from the very early age. Besides, I'm sure that everybody in the family should do their fair share, including children. They can do such household chores as cleaning, taking out rubbish, watering the flowers and everyday shopping.
My brother and I try to help my mother to do the chores. I do most of the washing up, tidy my room and make my bed. I often go shopping. My brother is responsible for cleaning and repairing things and he sometimes cooks. in a loving family every person ought to do the chores. That is the way I see it.

Вопросы для обсуждения:

What is family for you?
What role does family play in each person’s life?
Why are family relations so important for us?
Do you live in a nuclear or in a extended family?
Do you have a close relationship with all your relatives?
Would you like to live with your grandparents? Why?
Who is the top dog in your family? Why?
Who runs the house in your family?
Do your parents teach you anything?
Are there any things that you do with your parents together?
Do your relatives help you to solve your problems?
Do you have your own family traditions?
What are your household chores? Are they difficult?
What are your parents’ household chores?
Do you have any problems in your family? Why?
Do you always follow your parents’ advice? Why?
What can you advise people who want to have a close and happy family?
What can you advise people who want to get on well with their parents?

Пословицы и цитаты о семье

Blood is thicker than water.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Home is where the heart is. (J.J. McCloskey)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий